Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A few notes

Several days ago one of our patrols got hit by an IED and some of the guys I know got hurt. They were taken to the hospital in Baghdad for a while and just got back yesterday. One of my roommates and I made a few of them cards and put them in a bag with some candy and snacks for them. I saw one of the guys today and he looked like he was doing very well.

I went to the gym for the first time since I left Ft. Stewart. Our original gym burnt down with the rest of the Chicken Factory and has since been relocated to one of the tents in "tent city." They actually managed to rescue a whole set of weights from the fire after everything stopped burning, though they look like they'd fall apart if you tried to lift them. We have a few new sets of weights, some benches, and an elliptical machine (I can't believe it!). I worked on my legs and my abs mostly. I should start going more often, but it's hard because of the lack of motivation. I'm going to need a drill sgt.

These past three days we have had the most incredible chow. First it was lobster and king crab legs, then huge ribeye steaks, and yesterday we had the most tender smoked ribs I've ever had. I have got to hand it to our cooks, they're amazing. Hopefully we don't all of a sudden shift to the less appetizing menus now.

The first rotation of leave has started and some of the guys and gals here are winging their way to the states as I speak. My roommate is leaving today if the weather permits. I'm not sure when my leave will be yet exactly. They announce leave then end/beginning of every month, so I won't get too much notice. I signed up to take leave in (a particular month) although I may not get it. My very first wedding anniversary will be in (a particular month), and I really don't want to miss it. But if I can't be home then, we can always just celebrate it when I get back. So look for all of our guys painting the town red in the ATL or Savannah or Alabama or a town near you very soon.


(Another note: Randy and I have been married for 5 whole months! big smile.)


SPC Schreck

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 8:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home