Monday, September 05, 2005

Some thoughts...

A few guys who just got back from leave stopped in and talked today. They told me stories of all they great food they had, the shows they watched, and the great visits they had with their wives. I can't wait to go on leave myself, I have no idea what I want to do yet. All I really want to do is see my hubby. One guy who is leaving soon said he was going fishing down in Florida with his buddies. Another guy who just got back went to a log cabin in Tennessee with his wife and watched the Dixie Stampede. He said once he got home, this place over hear seemed like a dream.

Chow has been doing a number on my stomach lately. I've been sleeping through dinner and stuffing myself at breakfast. The motivation to stay awake for dinner is gone. In fact, motivation in general has been hard to come by the last few days. The first big slump of this deployment is here and I'm sure many more will follow.

I can now accurately tell the difference between outgoing rounds and incoming rounds. What a skill to possess.

There was supposed to be a remembrance ceremony yesterday for our two guys that got killed. I'm not sure if it went on or not as I was working during that time of the day. I know that people were supposed to speak about things that they remember about the two guys. A formal memorial will be held sometime later this week. It's hard to do another one of these things so soon after the first one. I hope this is the last one we do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home