Friday, July 22, 2005

Lobster, IED's, and Fire

After work yesterday I stopped by the MWR tent and watched Bewitched on the big screen tv. I haven't done that in a while. It was a good movie, but it was a Haji dvd so the picture was horrible and it skipped a lot. Oh, and we had an amazing dinner last night too. Once or twice a month they bring out the good stuff. We had lobster, crab legs, pork chops, and crab cakes. And they were all cooked right, hard to do in mass quantity cooking. They also had sodas at dinner (for all of 10 minutes at least), something that rarely happens. Usually we just have powered drinks and cranberry juice, I hate cranberry juice.
I still don't know much about what happened to those two guys I knew and the other ones who were hurt also, just stuff about the initial report. I hate f***ing IED's, they're so sneaky. This one you couldn't see at all. It's like your driving down the road and outta nowhere there's this huge explosion . There are several injuries, but it looks like everyone will be okay. But it's scary when stuff like that happens, everyone can feel it. Guys talk about it at chow and you can see that they're disturbed. One guy told me that how as he was leaving for a partol he almost freaked out because he was so scared. He'd already seen a whole bunch of messed up shit, and thought nothing else could get to him cause he'd seen so much already. But he got scared, it only lasted for a minute or too, but it got to him. It's not that these guys are fearless warriors, I know a lot of them and they get scared, but they keep doing their job no matter what. They aren't fearless warriors, they are courageous warriors.

Here's a few pictures of what's left of the Chicken Factory. They brought in some army engineers and are now in the process of tearing it down completely. I'm not sure what they're going to do with all the empty space but I'm sure they'll think of something.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for in-ground swimming pool, basketball court, playground, and football field! =) If there's space, might as well use it wisely, eh?

Take care!
Corey

Sunday, July 24, 2005 4:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home