Monday, July 18, 2005

New Blog

Not sure what exactly to post. Hmmmm....Well, let's start off with introductions. I'm SPC Schreck and I am stationed here in Iraq for the next year. I joined the Army National Guard just after highschool and was going to college when I got called up in April. I didn't go to the National Training Center in California with the rest of my unit as I was a part of the replacement company attached to the unit due to lack of personnel. That seems to be the problem lately in the army, a shortage of people. I can definitely say that it is true for my unit here. I've haven't seen too much here yet, not as much as my fellow soldiers at least. Though, I've heard stuff to last a lifetime already. I worked as an RTO for a few months and I've heard too many things that I wish I hadn't. I can say that the media news cannot compare to what is actually happening here. I will continue to write in more detail in the following posts.

SPC Schreck
HHC 1-108th AR, 48th BDE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home